“Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.”- Howard Zinn
It is my great honor to serve as 13thPresident of Pokhara Newroad and its exceptional members. At this moment, our club has been given a special gift of blooming in a way we have never done before as all of us emerge from an interesting time in history.
What a coincident between Jennifer Jones and me is we both are female President. Jennifer represent for Rotary International and I represent my club Pokhara Newroad
There are beautiful friendships that are formed between community members who are bound by the desire to help make the world a better place.
“Fun, Fellowship and Service”
Together We Can Change the World by Imagine Rotary through affinity.
This year as we begin our journey, the following are my focus areas:
1. Solicit each member’s ideas to make the club stronger.
2. Diversity, Equity and inclusion are a cornerstone to success.
3. Build on creating a community presence… Rotary and our work in the community should be understood by those we serve.
4. Encourage community members to participate in our projects.
5. Create more opportunities for partnerships.
6. Increase our public awareness opportunities.
7. Incorporate hybrid opportunities in our meetings and activities.
8. Continue with our long tradition of feeding the needy
9. Create new ways to support our school aged children.
10. Grow our membership and be more inclusive.
In closing I must say I am truly humbled and honored to serve as your president this year. I look forward to working closely with the board and each member.
As a leader shall carry the 13 years legacy of our club to accomplish the club goal. Let’s aim higher! Let us get to action once again to make successful and eventful rotary year 2022/23.
Thank you for your continuous support and encouragement. I would have never been here without the influence of each of you over the last few years. You have all played an active role in my growth as a Rotarian and I will and hope to continue to inspire each of you in a little way every day as change makers.
Rtn. Geeta Sigdel